November 29, 2012

christmas magnolia

One of my favorite things about living in the South are the magnolia trees. If you've never seen one (or stopped to really look), the textures are amazing--the fronts of the leaves are waxy green and the backs are velvety brown.

My parents sent us a beautiful magnolia wreath this week and I started looking for more ways to incorporate magnolia leaves in our Christmas decor. I love these ideas:




Merriment Events/ Scott Clark Photography


Southern Living


Southern Living


BHG
magnolia wreath, magnolia decorations, magnolia garland, magnolia holiday

4 comments:

Rachel said...

We have a huge magnolia tree in our yard (in DC) and I love using cutting from it in my home. They stay green and beautiful for so long!

Kirsten Krason said...

I just bought a faux magnolia wreath at T.J. Maxx yesterday and I love it!

Annie @ House on Rene said...

I love magnolia leaves. So beautiful and hearty!

girlseeksplace said...

Very pretty. I love the table runner and the gift wrap.