January 1, 2013

what we'll see in 2013

I read somewhere that it's been hard to pin down specific fashion trends for the past few seasons because fashion has become so democratized. I think the same is true of decorating-- all the 2013 trend reports say different things! I think that's great, there's something for everyone. 

Here's what I've seen and liked:

Emerald
Pantone says this is the color of the year. I'm still loving 2012's color, too.


Bob Hiemstra | House Beautiful
Camouflage
I'm intrigued by this one. The trend is a sort of painterly take on camo, much softer than the army variety.
trend via


Gregory Mellor via
Brass
This trend is in full swing and I'm glad it's projected to stick around! Both sleek, shiny brass and antiqued brass with a nice patina are very "in."
trend via
Louis Style
18th Century French style is my favorite--Louis XVI, if you're curious.
trend via
Femme Fatale Style
The designer who made this prediction described it as "feminine, but not girly. A throwback to 1940s Hollywood with soft, curvy lines and pops of pink and purple." So basically, Hollywood Regency influences with strong colors.
trend via


At Home in Arkansas via
Saturated Neutrals with Splashes of Bold Color
Calm, but with spice.
trend via


What do you like for this year?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

We have a lot to look forward to this year! I like the neutrals with splashes of bold color. Happy New Year!

Iva B said...

I'm totally digging the emerald and neutrals with splash of color. I'll see how I can transform them in graphic design and make them trendy.

Lisa said...

I have been looking at that last photo for weeks-using it as inspiration for decorating my living room. Neutral base with colour added in accessories is easier for me to commit to, and hopefully I won't tire of it. Oh, and then every year I can add Pantone's colour of the year pillows!!